Sunday 23 February 2014

Tartan Picks

Hello!

Today I bring you my first fashion post! I hope to do many more of these if you like them so please comment your thoughts.

Tarten/check is becoming very popular and is appearing in more and more shops. Personally, I love the look of tartan and so I decided to put together a post of my favourite items (it turned out to be a lot)!


Cropped sweat | Check shirt | Velvet tartan top | Denim top with tartan collar

I loved so many tops, but I decided to narrow it down, and give a variety of different styles. There's the classic shirt, the more chic, velvet top, the cropped sweat, and my favourite, the denim shirt with a tartan collar. I love how you can wear this and still get the tartan look without going all out.
I think a tartan top would look, and stand out better, if you kept the trousers plain.

Check leggings | Red tartan leggings | Blue check jeans
Velvet skirt | Tartan mini skirt

Personally, I think tartan leggings look better, but I did find a nice pair of check jeans. I think tartan trousers and leggings would look great with a black (or other colour) peplum top.
 I wasn't so much of a fan of tartan skirts because I think some can make you look, school girl-ish or like your wearing a kilt, I did find two that I liked though.

Sweetheart dress | Green tartan dress | Tartan skater dress | Smock dress
Dresses was the hardest to narrow down because I loved so many of them. What I particularly like, is that you can get smart ones, and you can get casual, chill out at home with a hot chocolate, ones. I think tartan dresses are great and you can keep the rest of your outfit simple.

Also, after I had finished the rest of this post, I came across this dress...



I don't know about you, but I absolutely love it. I think it would be perfect for the summer, for the beach and for festivals. I love how it goes from tartan to blue in a kind of dip-dyed effect. Ahhhhhh I just love it!

Okay this post is getting too long...

I hope you liked my favourite tartan picks and let me know in the comments which was your favourite!

bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)